You have to have Flash installed on your browser...
Peter Shankman on Entrepreneurship
|Peter Shankman Discusses Entrepreneurship
Peter Shankman gives a candid interview with David Schnurman discussing his career, some important PR tips, and his thoughts on social media. His most recent venture, HARO (helpareporter.com), has grossed $1,000,000 in just over one year. To learn more about Peter, please visit PeterShankman.com. Below is a blurb from his website:
"An entrepreneur, author, speaker, and worldwide connector, Peter is recognized worldwide for radically new ways of thinking about Social Media, PR, marketing, advertising, creativity, and customer service.
Peter is perhaps best known for founding Help A Reporter Out, (HARO) which in under a year has become the de-facto standard for thousands of journalists looking for sources on deadline, offering them more than 100,000 sources around the world looking to be quoted in the media."
What you will learn in this interview:
- Learn how he got over 25 job offers in one day
- Learn how he sold so many shirts on his website overnight that he crashed 4 servers
- Learn why he did a 37 hour roundtrip flight from NY to Tokyo
- He created a website for people to meet on a plane - Learn how it grew substantially overnight
- HARO has grown to over 100,000 subscribers -- Learn why he originally started it
- Learn what his major struggle is as an entrepreneur
- Learn the future plans for HARO
- Learn how to be relied on as an expert for reporters
- Learn what he sees as the future of social media